Published Resources Details: Book
- The Happy Isles: A Diary of the Solomons
- Description of Work
- Originally published: 1965
- Heinemann, London, 1965
- Chapter 3: Malaita. March-October 1938, pp. 73-120
Page 80: Alec Maena, district clerk: "a very big and handsome son of an English faher and an island mother."
Page 98: Siroce, Headman of Dukwasi area, central Kwara'ae: "who was half American Negro and half Malaita man. His father had been marooned
- Ashley, Francis Noel (1884 - 1976)
- Crichlow, Nathaniel
- Horton, Dick Crofton
- Maena, Alec ( - 1950)
- Markham, Harold A.
- Sasabule, Peter (1900 - 1964)